Triangle Insights Group is a strategy consulting firm focused on meeting the needs of clients in the life sciences industry, with a focus on the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology end-markets.
In this in-depth Triangle Insights Group Firm Profile, we’ll explore the inner workings of the firm, covering what you need to know about its careers, culture, salaries, interview process, and much more.
You’ll walk away from this article with a much deeper understanding of Triangle Insights Group and why it is different from the many other life sciences consulting firms out there. Enough with the extended introduction – let’s jump in!
Table of Contents:
- Triangle Insights Group Key Stats
- Triangle Insights Group History
- Triangle Insights Group Careers
- Practice Areas
- Triangle Insights Group Locations
- Career Path
- Triangle Insights Group Internships
- Exit Opportunities
- Triangle Insights Group Culture
- Triangle Insights Group Interview
- Triangle Insights Group Salary
- Target Schools
Triangle Insights Group Key Stats
- Triangle Insights Group Website: https://triangleinsightsgroup.com/
- Triangle Insights Group Headquarters: Durham, NC
- Number of Employees: 32
- Number of Locations: 3
- Triangle Insights Group Chief Executive: no CEO, instead four Founding Partners*
- Triangle Insights Group Revenue: $9M
*Triangle Insights Group founding partners are current firm leaders Gautam Aggarwal, Christopher Apolito, Ben Bonifant, and Barrett Ranking.
Triangle Insights Group History
Triangle Insights Group interview questions will be easier to answer if you know a bit about the firm’s history. So, let’s dive into the firm’s short history! It was founded in April 2013, and the founding partners mentioned above are all experienced strategy consultants whose backgrounds include Campbell Alliance, Mercer, Boston Consulting Group, and Boston Healthcare.
The firm was founded to operate exclusively in the life sciences space, hence its presence in the famed Research Triangle of North Carolina. Since 2013, Triangle Insights Group has quickly grown its reputation as a premier provider of consulting services in this niche space.
Resume + Cover Letter Edits
- 30min 1:1 Zoom session with MBB coach of your choice
- 2 Rounds of Edits each on 1 Resume and 1 Cover Letter
- Digital pass: 24 templates, 5 e-books
$500 Add to cart
Black Belt Deluxe
- 8 hours 1:1 Zoom sessions with MBB coach of your choice
- All access pass: 550+ cases, 10K+ math/structure drills, 9 video courses, 12 chatbot cases
- 2 Rounds of Edits each on 1 Resume and 1 Cover Letter
$2050 Add to cart
Triangle Insights Group Careers
Triangle Insights Group careers involve exciting work helping pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms address their most important issues. You’ll conduct analysis and solve problems related to market access, commercial execution, portfolio strategy, and more.
Triangle Insights Group has career opportunities for both students and experienced professionals. It has clear and separate paths for those with undergraduate degrees or non-MBA masters, as well as for those with advanced degrees like PhD/PharmD/MD or an MBA. Like most consulting firms, the Triangle Insights Group organizational hierarchy is pyramidal – with a large team of strategy analysts and associate consultants at the bottom. As you move up the pyramid towards partners, roles become more focused on managing internal teams, influencing clients and business development.
Triangle Insights Group careers are primarily focused on consulting roles, but it’s a fast-growing firm that recently opened a new office and could very well be opening more soon. As a result, they’ll have a need in functions including accounting, finance, and HR.
Search for open roles here.
Triangle Insights Group Practice Areas
Triangle Insights Group provides a wide range of strategic advisory services to pharma and biotech companies. Its direct clients can be investors, CEOs or other senior leaders, M&A heads, or commercial leaders. It addresses the most critical business issues life sciences organizations face. The firm covers every therapeutic area – more than 150 indications – and the entire pharma lifecycle. It leverages primary research to inform strategic problem solving for multiple pharma technologies, from specialized gene-editing and orphan drugs to more standard dermatology or primary care therapies.
Described as the company’s Services, Triangle Insights Group practice areas include:
- Pricing and market access
- Cell and gene therapy
- New product strategy development and planning
- Due diligence for potential M&A
- Prioritizing R&D initiatives
- Commercial assessment and strategy
- Commercial execution
- Portfolio strategy
- M&A transaction support
- Stakeholder market research
- Partnership opportunity identification
- Value determination and pricing
Triangle Insights Group Industries
The firm works with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies across all therapies, as well as diagnostics and medical device companies.
Triangle Insights Group Locations
Triangle Insights Group locations now include three cities in the United States.
- Durham, NC (HQ)
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY (newest and smallest office)
Triangle Insights Group is a meritocracy. A typical Triangle Insights group career path will have you conducting primary research, data analysis, and presenting both written and verbal recommendations at a junior level. As an analyst or consultant, you’ll contribute to every aspect of project execution. Here’s the typical career path at Triangle Insights Group:
- Strategy Analyst – In this entry level role, you’ll spend time gathering and evaluating data and may conduct interviews. This is where undergraduates, non-MBA master’s, and those with little experience start at the firm.
- Associate Consultant – This role is like the Strategy Analyst, but is filled by those with PhDs, PharmD, and MDs. It makes use of the advanced technical expertise implied by these degrees.
- Strategy Consultant – In this role you’ll begin to play a key role in front of clients and may also be asked to manage those below you. It’s an MBA-level position more senior than “Associate Consultant.”
- Engagement Manager – At this level, you manage and deliver entire projects.
- Principal – Between manager and partner lies the principal, who will oversee multiple projects and maintain key client relationships.
- Partner – At this level, you are primarily responsible for extending relationships with existing clients and conducting business development.
Triangle Insights Group Internships
Triangle Insights Group offers two internship programs, one at the undergraduate level (Summer Strategy Analyst) and one for potential MBA hires (Summer Strategy Consultant). Triangle Insights Group internships offer a chance for candidates to get to know the firm and the type of work it does. Each internship is 8-10 weeks long.
Triangle Insights Group exit opportunities are robust. Certainly, you’ll be able to find a role at one of the firm’s many clients in the life sciences industry. However, there are other options as well, including pursuing a life sciences-focused role at a larger firm. If you want to break out of life sciences consulting and into a more generalist role, it will be difficult. But in fact, your consulting experiences at Triangle will be very relevant. You will have built valuable analytical chops as well as problem solving and communication skills. You will have to clearly communicate your experience in a way that those firms care about, highlighting your elite consulting skillset.
Other Triangle Insights Group exit opportunities include moving into private equity, venture capital or hooking up with a start up in the biotech space.
Given the firm was founded in 2013, Triangle Insights group notable alumni are few and far between. But as time goes on, don’t be surprised to see firm alumni in important life sciences industry leadership positions.
Triangle Insights Group Culture
As a smaller and younger consulting firm, Triangle Consulting Group has a highly entrepreneurial bent to it. In fact, for the 4th consecutive year, Triangle Insights Group was ranked on Inc. magazine’s annual Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. It is a uniquely hands-on place, meaning that there is almost always heavy involvement of firm leadership in project and internal activities. The firm is also distinguished by its commitment to client service and customization. The culture rejects “cookie cutter” approaches in favor of bespoke, customized solutions intended to address the specific situation at hand.
Finally, Triangle Insights Group has built a reputation for being friendly, collegial, hard-working, and analytical.
Triangle Insights Group Interview
Now that you know more about the culture and the work you’ll do at Triangle Insights Group, it’s time to think about the Triangle Insights Group interview. Like the recruiting process at most management consulting firms, Triangle Insights Group interview is a multi-step process that takes around a month from start to finish.
Round 0: Browse open positions and apply online. You’ll need a completed LinkedIn profile and a resume to upload.
Round 1: Standard phone screen with an HR representative to clarify your background relative to needs of the firm.
Round 2: Mix of written case interviews and behavioral interviews. The case interview is both verbal and written, and will test your analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. During the behavioral interviews, note that the senior leaders of the firm are interested in your scientific acumen as well as your ability to thrive in a strategy role.
The interview process is not easy – only a few candidates get an offer out of hundreds that apply. Those who work with our expert team of interview coaches exponentially increase their chances of success for the behavioral and case parts of the Triangle Insights Group interview.
Triangle Insights Group Salary
The Triangle Insights Group salary is comparable to similar firms, and as you might expect quickly rises over the course of a career. The base salary (bonuses excluded) at the entry-level Analyst role starts out around $80,000, but by the time you are an Engagement Manager, you could be earning closer to $250,000. The firm gives merit-based increases and performance bonuses twice per year each. The 401K plan includes employer match and profit-sharing components.
Triangle Insights Group target schools include the following:
- Duke University
- Keck Graduate Institute (KGI)
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill (UNC)
- University of Virginia
However, the firm encourages all interested applicants to apply online.
Triangle Insights Group diversity programs reflect the firm’s commitment to making a difference in communities. Diversity, equity, opportunity, and inclusion is a primary concern for firm leadership. For example, it recently partnered with Activate Good to pursue initiatives that empower local communities.
As one of the fastest growing life sciences management consulting firms in the United States, The Triangle Insights Group offers a unique opportunity to combine strategy and growth consulting with an interest in life sciences.
After a few years at the firm, you’ll have built a well-rounded base of skills that sets you up well to continue working in consulting, go deeper into life sciences, or shift into industries like private equity or venture capital. If that intrigues you, get your application ready and get prepared for the tough interviews with the help of MCs experienced team.
- Top 25 Consulting Firms
- Top 10 Boutique Consulting Firms in US
- Consulting Resume: Complete Guide
- Case Interview: Complete Prep Guide