Readers will notice that the posting rate here at MC has slowed a bit recently. Have been working on several related projects (the Consulting Bible among them) and will be excited to share with everyone soon!
Later today, I’ll post about “How management consultants assess interviews”. For now, here are some quality reads/resources from the consulting blogosphere:
- Considering a career in consulting? Avoid these 5 stupid mistakes – from Ramit’s blog. A few factual errors but points well made
- Why Consultants? – an old post from Benjamin’s blog that provides insight into the nature of consulting
- Jack Bauer’s Guide to Investment Banking Success – from the Inquisitor’s blog, despite the title, much of the advice applies to consulting as well (especially #2, 3, 6, 7, and 9)
- Plane Etiquette Refresher – from the Crazy Consultant blog
- Booz & Co enters India – no surprise here. Even in times of overall hiring downturns, specific regions are expanding quickly, especially strategy consulting in India
Thanks for reading! If you’re new, here are some recommended posts: The Consulting Industry 101; Investment Banking vs Management Consulting; Day in the life of a Management Consultant; Overview of the recruiting process. Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to my RSS feed here to learn more about management consulting jobs.
I offer resume editing and live interview prep to help people break into management consulting and top business jobs. We’ll prepare you to master the recruiting process, stand out from the 1000’s of other applicants, and land multiple job offers