In 9 out of 10 cases, especially if you are an experienced hire or come from a non-target school, having a contact inside a consulting firm will make the difference between getting an interview or not. Because of that, effective networking is critical.
In the following videos, we give an overview on networking basics – specific to consulting. You’ll learn:
- Who you should networking with inside the firm
- How your networking effort will affect the way your resume is reviewed
- How a candidate is ranked in a team review process
- What makes consultants motivated to respond to your networking efforts
- How to hit the sweet spot when networking (esp. in regards to timing, firm selection, firm location, and position)
By the way, want to be notified when we release new YouTube videos about consulting? You can join our community and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
How to Network for Management Consulting – The Basics
Networking and the Consulting Resume Review
4 Reasons Why Consultants Respond to Networking
5 Rules of Sweet Spot Networking
We hope you enjoyed the networking overview. Our MC community would love to hear how you – yes YOU reading this article right now – are planning to network your way into consulting. Leave a comment below with the action steps you’ll take to get in the door.
Also, for those serious about wanting to network your way into a consulting firm, we recommend you take a look at The Consultant’s Networking Bible – an 88-page networking manual that explains, step-by-step, exactly how to build relationships with consultants and recruiters and network into your dream consulting firms. Also included with the manual is:
- A database of 111 global consulting firms with detailed profiles including firm sizes, position titles, diversity groups, and email monikers.
- 2500+ email addresses and phone numbers of recruiters, consultants, and human resource contacts
- Email templates that will get you responses – whether it’s your first time emailing a Monitor recruiter or asking a Bain consultant for resume help
- Call scripts that provide strategies to establish rapport and make people want to help you in your quest – regardless of how cold or hot the lead
You can learn more about the Networking Bible here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We love helping our readers in any way we can :)