Looking for last minute case interview tips? We got you. We receive countless emails from people needing to prepare with very little time. The story usually goes something like this:
First, the excitement kicks in: you received an interview invite! Then, the feeling of dread comes – you didn’t think it would happen so fast. “What do I do?” You Google “how to prepare for case interviews.” After a few desperate hours of searching, watching YouTube videos, and reading blogs, you realize that this is more involved than you thought. Some time after midnight, you write us a frantic email: “Help! I have an interview next week and have no idea how to prepare.”
So, if you have a case interview next week or the week after, here’s how to get ready.
Last Minute Case Interview Help
First, what not to do. There are plenty of things you can do that make you feel like you’re being prepared, but won’t:
- Watching case interview explainer videos
- Reading case books
- Listening to/watching other people case
- Reading how-to blogs
- Scrolling firm websites
While all these things can be be somewhat helpful with a long runway to your interviews, they won’t do you much good if you’re racing against the clock. Preparing for case interviews without actually doing a case interview is like thinking that you can become a good swimmer by watching people swim. It’s just not how it works. The good thing is that you can get ready in a hurry – but only by jumping right into simulated mock interviews.
And by that, we mean doing out-loud practice with a partner.
To build casing proficiency, you need:
- An assessment of your weaknesses
- Drill-based practice to assess your weaknesses
- Full mock practice that puts it all together (not just the technical skills, but your communication skills & exec polish as well)
So, find some partners. Ask your friends or join our free LinkedIn group for case practice partners. Ideally, you’ll work with our expert team of MBB coaches. They will assess your strengths and weaknesses, make sure you’re focused on fixing the right issues, give pinpoint & actionable feedback, and cheer you on like crazy.
We recommend booking a minimum of 4 hours of coaching (this is 4, 1hr sessions). A package of 8+ hours includes access to our online prep materials as well – you’ll work on focused practice cases and drills in between the live coaching sessions. Purchase below.
4 Hours Interview Coaching
- 4 hours 1:1 Zoom sessions with MBB coach of your choice (consulting or PM focus)
- Digital pass: 550+ cases, Case Interview video course, Mental Math video course
$800 Add to cart
Black Belt Interviewer
- 8 hours 1:1 Zoom sessions with MBB coach of your choice
- All access pass: 550+ cases, 10K+ math/structure drills, 9 video courses, 12 chatbot cases
- Exclusive group training (April 12, 1-3PM ET)
- NO resume or cover letter edits
13 Spots RemainingAdd to cart
We hope you’ve found these last minute case interview tips helpful. Not sure which package is best for you? Write us or schedule a quick chat with a member of our team.