Who is it for?
Aspiring consultants who aren’t comfortable developing more advanced excel models or developing a worthy executive presentation (yet).
Current consultants looking for an extra skills boost.
Those who don’t know that 90% of your time in Consulting will be spent in Excel.
Aspiring consultants who want to be ready for their first presentation in front of a CEO client.
Individuals working in any professional setting who are looking to take their Executive Presentation skills to the next level.
How will it help?
These courses will take your PowerPoint skills from college-level to MBB-ready. Your Excel skills from being able to make a monthly budget to analyzing large data sets.
In the consulting industry, you will be working with Excel and/or PowerPoint every day. There’s no way around it! This combo will equip you with the skills necessary to truly exceed!
You will learn from former Bain and McKinsey consultants on how to analyze data sets and drive key insights using Excel, and then present recommendations clearly and concisely using PowerPoint.
What does PowerPoint for Consulting include?
PowerPoint for Consulting covers the following:
– Elements of Consulting Slides
– Navigation, shortcuts, and formatting
– Drawing Consulting Insights in Presentations
– Consulting Visuals
– Story Planning
– Data Slides
– Slide Deck best practices
– A breakdown of different firm presentation styles (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, etc.)
– How to deliver a slide deck
– 1-hr sample presentation
Overall, the focus is on creating an executive-level presentation that drives action via implementing concepts such as The Pyramid Principle and MECE.
What does Excel for Consulting include?
Excel for Consulting covers the following:
– Formatting in Excel
– Using formulas (including VLOOKUPS)
– Data cleaning
– Model types and theory
– Market Sizing, Profitability, Revenue, Total Fixed Cost Allocation, Cost, Market Study, Competitor, Customer, Market Entry, and M&A models (teaching videos and expert videos where you see us building them on screen)
– Data Analysis
– Conditional Math
– Reference functions
– Pivot Tables
– Regressions and Advanced Analysis
– Creating Charts
– Intro to Macros
– 6 Level 2 models (2 Internal and one mega-model)
– Real world prompts you’d receive on the job, that YOU have to solve and defend
– 15 hours of assignments for you to put the skills you’ve learned to good use
There are 9 modules made up of 38 total lessons. 16 lessons are teaching lessons and 16 are expert videos where you see us work on screen. The other 6 lessons are real-world prompts. You receive initial data sets to download so you can work along with us, as well as our final data sets to download as well. You also receive an Excel shortcut and formula cheat sheet to download.