Welcome to Excel for Consulting, the only Excel course built specifically for consultants and consultants-to-be!
Buckle up for an exciting ride through 10 modules and 44 lessons as Jenny Rae guides Lisa (ex-McKinsey, PC user) and Namaan (government and non-profit background with NO Excel experience, Mac user) through the ins and outs of how to use Excel within a consulting context. We included Director of Operations Namaan in the course filming to show how anyone can take what we’re teaching and become Excel proficient (albeit he did it on-camera). We also want to show that working in Excel is messy, and inevitably, you’ll make mistakes. However, very few mistakes are fatal. It’s just a matter of rolling up your sleeves and finding a solution.
We’ll cover everything from the Excel basics you must know for consulting to how to create models, and we even provide a plethora of sample data sets for you to work along with us. We also make available for download Namaan and Lisa’s final data sets, so you can compare your work to theirs!
At the end of this course, you’ll be infinitely more prepared to step in and hit the ground running on day 1 of your new consulting job, or if you’re already on the job, you’ll become that much more valuable to the teams you are a part of.
Ready or not, here we go!
- Lesson 3: Navigating around Excel
- Lesson 4: Navigating around Excel (Expert)
- Lesson 5: Moving in Excel (Shortcut Drills)
- Lesson 6: Selecting in Excel (Shortcut Drills)
- Lesson 7: Copy/Pasting in Excel (Shortcut Drills)
- Lesson 8: Formatting in Excel
- Lesson 9: Formatting in Excel (Expert)
- Lesson 10: Overall Set-Up (Format Drills)
- Lesson 11: Filters (Format Drills)
- Lesson 12: Top Shortcuts (Format Drills)
- Lesson 13: Cell Menu (Format Drills)
Ready to take what you've learned and apply those skills to real-world assignments you'd receive on the job? We thought so. We've included 6 prompts in this module so you can get a quick taste of the kind of work you'll be required to do in consulting. Enjoy!