CapTech Consulting says they fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to ignite innovation and help businesses grow. They are a tech focused consulting firm with a playful and team oriented culture. The firm loves to pose challenges to its employees to keep things dynamic and interesting. It offers a variety of internships as well as positions for experienced hires, and does a good job of connecting everyone across the company.
Table of Contents
- CapTech Consulting Key Stats
- CapTech Consulting History
- Practice Areas
- CapTech Consulting Locations
- Target Schools
- CapTech Consulting Careers
- CapTech Consulting Internship
- Diversity Programs
- Exit Opportunities
- CapTech Consulting Culture
- CapTech Consulting Interview
- CapTech Consulting Salary
CapTech Consulting Key Stats
- Firm Website: https://www.captechconsulting.com/
- Firm Headquarters: Richmond, Virginia
- Firm Number of Employees: 1,167
- Firm Number of Locations: 8
- Firm Chief Executive: Andy Sofish
- Firm Revenue: $240 million
CapTech Consulting History
Sandy Williamson and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh met while working together at a consulting firm in D.C. After leaving those positions, they both pursued their own interests and businesses for a time, but ultimately came together in their hometown of Richmond, Virginia, and CapTech Ventures, Inc. was founded in 1997. It has continued to expand and be recognized for its commendable growth, as well as earning the interest of Markel Corporation, who became a majority investor in CapTech in late 2015.
Resume + Cover Letter Edits
- 30min 1:1 Zoom session with MBB coach of your choice
- 2 Rounds of Edits each on 1 Resume and 1 Cover Letter
- Digital pass: 24 templates, 5 e-books
$500 Add to cart
Black Belt Deluxe
- 8 hours 1:1 Zoom sessions with MBB coach of your choice
- All access pass: 550+ cases, 10K+ math/structure drills, 9 video courses, 12 chatbot cases
- Exclusive group training (April 12, 1-3PM ET)
- 2 Rounds of Edits each on 1 Resume and 1 Cover Letter
20 Spots RemainingAdd to cart
- Agile Transformation
- Change Management
- DevOps + Agile + OCM
- Risk & Compliance
Data & Analytics
- Data Privacy
- Machine Learning
- Brand Identity
- Conversational Technology
- Experience Strategy
- Architecture Modernization
- Mobile & Devices
- Banking & Financial Services
- Consumer & Retail
- Energy & Utilities
- Government & Public Sector
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Private Equity
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Travel & Hospitality
CapTech Consulting Locations
- Richmond, Virginia
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chicago, Illinois
- Columbus, Ohio
- Washington D.C. Metro Area (Vienna, Virginia)
- Denver, Colorado
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CapTech hosts recruiting and networking events on the following school campuses:
- University of Virginia
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- The Ohio State University
- Temple University
- University of Maryland
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Georgia Tech
- Virginia Tech
- William and Mary
- James Madison University
- Drexel University
- University of Colorado – Boulder
CapTech Consulting Careers
CapTech has open spots for experienced hires as well as students. They keep current opportunities up to date on their careers page.
CapTech Consulting Internship
CapTech offers internships to graduating seniors which consist of three weeks of intensive training through detailed instruction from coaches and senior staff members. They walk interns through each step they’ll be expected to take and make sure each one feels confident before they meet with their first client. Once through training, interns will have the opportunity to work with large successful companies on solving their issues around efficiency, keeping up with optimal technology for their services, customer experience, and other operational challenges.
They also offer the Elevate Internship, a paid 11-week summer program where students have the chance to experience the full consultant experience of engaging with clients, working with internal teams, and meeting with leadership to glean from the knowledge they carry from years of work in the field.
CapTech has established a Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) Council whose goal is to recruit and build a diverse workforce. Everyone at CapTech is invited to join and participate, as they believe it takes everyone on a team working together to change the culture of a workplace.
CapTech also builds space for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which allow employees to gather based on identity or experiences in order to move toward a common cause or find others like them. All groups are open to everyone at the firm.
CapTech’s focus on technology would prepare you for other roles in IT or other digitally oriented fields. Interns are often offered full time positions if they complete satisfactory work. Leadership believes in hands-on experience, so at the end of a stint at CapTech, you should be ready to move up to a larger or more well known firm.
CapTech Consulting Culture
CapTech aims to be at the cutting edge of technological advances, as shown through programs like their internal Innovation Challenges and their partnership with the Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA). They believe every field and industry deserves the tech that will help them thrive, and the minds that can bring it to them.
Several times annually, CapTech hosts Innovation Challenges with the goal to create something as a team that would solve an issue a particular industry is facing, or offer them something from the emerging tech space that will push them further ahead. Teams are formed across departments so employees get to work with people they normally don’t cross paths with. Examples of past themes are wearable technology, augmented reality, and natural language processing. It’s clear they prioritize fun as well as productivity.
CapTech Consulting Interview
Typically applicants will do an introductory interview with a recruiter, followed by a technical skills interview and a case interview on power day before a decision is made.
Previous interviewees shared they were asked these questions:
- Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate
- Talk about a project you didn’t enjoy, and how did you get through it?
- What attracted you to Captech?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a time that you were given feedback on something you needed to improve on
CapTech Consulting Salary
- Consultant: $107,127
- Senior consultant: $126,589
- Manager: $142,254
- Software engineer: $103,495
- Project manager: $132,039
CapTech has its team culture and internships figured out quite well. Should you choose to pursue a career with them, you’ll find a comfortable but challenging place to settle in for a few weeks, months or years.