BVA Group is a prominent litigation, valuation, and financial advisory firm acclaimed for its insightful solutions and swift responsiveness in complex financial matters. Its professionals have extensive experience across various jurisdictions, including federal and state courts, as well as international arbitration. It excels in valuing a spectrum of businesses while also offering damage assessment services for litigation matters ranging from minor commercial disputes to cases involving over $25 billion.
Firm Key Stats
Firm Website: www.bvagroup.com
Firm Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
Firm Number of Employees: 64
Firm Number of Locations: 3
Firm Chief Executive: Erica Bramer
Firm Revenue: $7.8 million
BVA Group History
BVA was founded in 1974 to empower others through valuation expertise, economic damages assessment, and corporate finance insight. BVA’s team has expanded to include professionals with diverse backgrounds including Big Four accounting, investment banking, and strategy consulting. Over the years, BVA has valued businesses from small family-owned enterprises to billion-dollar multinational corporations, and assessed damages across a wide litigation spectrum, often dealing with high-stakes cases. The firm serves a broad client base including Fortune 100 companies, private equity firms, family-owned businesses, accounting firms, and law firms.
BVA Group Careers
BVA’s says that its dedication to great service is rooted in its comprehensive recruitment strategy, attracting a spectrum of bright and ambitious professionals who contribute to the company’s innovative and growth-oriented environment. BVA hires people from entry-level analysts to experienced professionals who want to apply their expertise to something new. For more information about BVA Careers, check out their careers page here.
BVA Group Internship
BVA doesn’t have information on its site about internships, though Glassdoor has posted reviews from Summer positions, so interested parties can keep their eyes open for new listings on the careers page.
BVA practice areas are the following:
- Real Property
- Tangible Assets
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Corporate Tax
- Derivatives And Complex Securities
- Gift And Estate Tax
- Financial Reporting
- Dispute And Investigations
- Corporate Governance And Officer / Director / Auditor Liability
- Financial Forensics And Investigations
- Antitrust And Competition Economics
- Intellectual Property
- Securities Litigation
- Valuation Disputes
- Economic Damages
- Exit and Transition Planning
- Transaction Planning
- Transaction Due Diligence
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation
- Fairness and Solvency Opinions
BVA Group industries are varied, allowing staff to develop a well rounded understanding of the needs and dynamics of wider swaths of the economy.
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, And Hunting
- Transportation And Logistics
- Oil And Gas
- Alternative Energy
- Power And Utilities
- Real Estate
- Media And Entertainment
- Financial Sponsors (Private Equity)
- Financial Services
- Business And Professional Services
BVA Group Locations
Based in Texas, BVA also has a branch in the Northeast, extending its continental range quite a bit.
- Plano, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- New York, New York
As a consulting firm with significant variation in its services and industries, individuals might come out of a career at BVA with a good generalists toolkit, prepared for many different roles and types of firms.
- Many BVA employees have attended Texas schools:
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas McCombs School of Business
- Southern Methodist University – Cox School of Business
- Washington and Lee University
- Texas Christian University
In June 2022, BVA donated to Thurgood Marshall College Fund in honor of Juneteenth, and made statements about being committed to diversity and equity. The firm does not have any official initiatives or programs related to diverse hiring.
BVA Group Culture
BVA staff generally enjoy the variety that they encounter because of the firm’s many industries and practice areas. Hours are often long, which is to be expected, but some reviews state that upper management outnumbers analysts, creating a higher pressure environment for junior staff. A lot is expected of analysts, which can be taxing, but it also allows them to build stronger skillsets than they might elsewhere.
BVA Group Interview
Though the firm doesn’t publicize which universities they work with, Glassdoor has many reviews posted from applicants who applied through their school’s recruiter.
A lot of people find BVA through campus recruiting and have an initial interview on-campus that consists of both behavioral and technical questions. Interviewers tend to ask many follow up questions, so candidates should be prepared to be thorough with answers and have their answers to potential technical questions memorized. Those who progress are sometimes invited to a Super Day. Case interviews are not mentioned in any reviews. Below are questions that have come up in interviews:
- What has been your favorite class you have taken and why?
- Walk me through the CAPM equation
- Walk me through a DCF
- Why BVA?
- What was the last book you read for fun?
- What interests you about Finance?
- Why do you want to work in this field?
- What’s been going on in the news?
- Can you tell me about convertible options?
- How would you go about valuing an intangible asset?
BVA Group Salary
Being in finance, BVA salaries are competitive but not a perfect comparison to MBB considering the difference in primary firm focus and practice areas.
Employees list the following salaries as averages:
- Financial Analyst: $82,947
- Vice President: $274,002
- Summer Analyst: $92,931
- Senior Financial Analyst: $109,265
- Business Development Specialist: $75,489
See our salaries report to dive into other firms’ compensation details.
BVA leverages its team’s expertise to simplify complexities and bring advisory into any litigation, valuation, and financial situation across many industries. Those interested in advisory and finance who’d like to explore this work in a generalist way might be a great fit for the firm.
- Top Consulting Firms of 2023
- Top 10 Boutique Consulting Firms in US
- Consulting Resume: Complete Guide
- Case Interview: Complete Prep Guide