Thank you for your interest in getting your resume pre-screened through Management Consulted. Our friends over at Live Nation know what quality constituents we have, and will be excited to receive resumes directly from us, with the weight of our credibility behind it.
Take a look at the job description and make sure you meet their requirements.
Who we are:
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us:
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
The Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the work of the Strategy team, driven by Ticketmaster’s COO and President. The team is responsible for driving the long term growth strategy of the business, including our Marketplace B2C business, Enterprise B2B business, and the products and technology required to support it all. The role involves assessing high impact initiatives that contribute to strategic objectives and putting in place measures to help implement such initiatives. The individual must be highly analytical, can view the business from a number of different levels, can interact effectively with all levels of management including C-level executives within the organization, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement new opportunities to grow the business. The individual will distill data and key metrics into insights that will help shape the future of the company. In short – this role is responsible for interpreting our data and figuring out what’s going on so that we can do something about it.
What we are looking for – a passionate, ambitious professional who is a:
- Business Driver: The team you will be a part of is in charge of driving the business forward, delivering incremental revenue and profit
- Analytics Expert: An experienced strategist will have the critical ability to turn insights into business building ideas. They will help us create value for Ticketmaster and also for content owners, fans, and resellers.
- Persuasive Story Teller: You will be working on analytics that will be presented to Ticketmaster leaders across all functions and to third parties (leagues/teams/resellers). Translating and simplifying the data into true insights that will drive business strategy and change third party behavior is essential.
- Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast, months of contemplation aren’t a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework and obsolescence.
- Cross functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. It’s how we roll. There is no “me” culture. Communication across the entire team will lead to greater individual success. The Manager will both drive their own work and help oversee more junior team members.
- Strategic thinker: The Strategy team is responsible for identifying, analyzing and communicating long term opportunities. You’ll need to be able to think big!
- Tech Enthusiast: While we’re part of a concert company, Ticketmaster is really an e-commerce tech company that plays an important role to power the systems that connect fans with the live events they love.
What the job is:
- Assist in all aspects of strategy and analytics including but not limited to product/tech strategy and planning, new opportunity identification, modeling/sensitivity analysis to support strategic options, market sizing, competitive intelligence, and KPI development
- Conduct hands on modeling/advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Support cross functional initiatives to drive actions as a result of business insights (the expectation is that you can not only analyze data, but also effectively communicate the underlying story and help see your recommendations through to execution)
- Determine viability of new business opportunities through rigorous quantitative analysis (new products, partnerships, joint ventures, etc.)
- Develop recommendations and clearly communicate results of analysis to senior management
- Collaborate with internal / external customers to develop initiatives that drive growth
- Perform internal, ad hoc analysis of key strategic initiatives across multiple departments (e.g. marketing deals, partnerships, etc.)
- Assist with company-wide reporting to senior executives and Corporate headquarters both on an ad hoc and regular basis (including quarterly business reviews, Board meetings, and annual budgeting/strategic planning process)
- Manage multiple initiatives at once and prioritize based on business needs and urgency
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering or similar quantitative field; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a top-tier strategy consulting or investment bank; e-commerce/entertainment industry experience also preferred
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Skilled in Excel and comfort with large data sets and modeling
- Strong PowerPoint skills, given the variety of audiences needed to influence
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Assertive yet professional demeanor, persistence and willing to lead the way
- Desire to help create a fun and productive culture, leveraging Ticketmaster’s focus on sports and music, and mentor other team members
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
Glassdoor Salary Estimate = $136,000
If Live Nation’s above job looks exciting to you, please complete the form below. Be sure to avoid these key resume errors or if you really want your resume to shine, look into our resume editing services. Once your resume is updated and looking top-notch, upload a pdf version with max size of 2 MB’s. By the way, any further communication regarding this job, would come directly from LiveNation, should they choose to pursue you. We are not directly involved in their interview timeline or process.
[contact-form-7 id=”106750″ title=”LiveNation-Resume Upload Form”]