This case was created by a Management Consulted coach. Learn more about the team or book a 1hr session today.
Case Study Prompt
Your client is SolarCo, a maker of battery cells used as an input for residential and commercial solar panels. You have been assigned to a workstream aimed at maintaining the profitability of its largest plant. Some facts about the plant:
- Revenue: $50m
- Local market share: 50% (hard target – cannot allow decrease to happen)
- Profit margin: 5% (hard target – cannot allow decrease to happen)
The plant’s largest local competitor (40% market share) has launched a rebate program designed to steal our market share. According to initial estimates, it would cost the SolarCo plant $500k annually to implement a similar program and offset the effects of the competitor’s program.
Do you recommend that SolarCo implement a similar program?
There is no substitute for quality case prep
Access 500+ consulting cases (including answers) that represent 25+ firm styles and 4 levels of difficulty - all for one low price.
Consulting Case Library
- 550+ online cases and PSTs (with full solutions)
- Covers 25+ firms
- Market Study Cases, Profitability Cases, Human Capital cases, and more!
- Includes thousands of math, structure, and brainstorming drills!
- See sample case
$200 Buy Now
Already purchased the Case Library? You'll probably need to log in to your account first.