The client is a manufacturer of power generators for recreational vehicles. They are the dominant player with close to 90% market share. They attribute their market share to their high-quality products.
Our client sells only to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) suppliers. There are two types of OEM suppliers: sole source and dual source. Dual source implies that the suppliers has multiple generator manufacturers to choose from. Close to 95% of our client’s sales comes from North America and the remaining 5% comes from Europe.
Smaller players, who have between them 10% of the market share, have recently been improving their product quality. This is posing a strong threat to the client. Our client has a strong brand and is a trusted name in the market.
The client is worried about profitability in the coming years. What would you consider in addressing profitability?
There is no substitute for quality case prep
Access 500+ consulting cases (including answers) that represent 25+ firm styles and 4 levels of difficulty - all for one low price.
Consulting Case Library
- 550+ online cases and PSTs (with full solutions)
- Covers 25+ firms
- Market Study Cases, Profitability Cases, Human Capital cases, and more!
- Includes thousands of math, structure, and brainstorming drills!
- See sample case
$200 Buy Now
Already purchased the Case Library? You'll probably need to log in to your account first.