McKinsey PST Instructions
(Consider your answer to each question carefully, as accuracy is important as well as amount completed.)
- The test contains 1 business case. The case has two “teams”, each with five questions, making a total of ten questions in the test.
- Ensure that you read the background to the case carefully.
- The questions are multiple choice. You must select one correct answer for each question.
- Mark your answer by circling it on the answer sheet provided.
- Ensure that you are using the correct answer sheet for the particular case you are working on.
- Calculators are allowed in this test. Paper is provided for workings out.
- You have 45 minutes to complete this test.
McKinsey PST Overview
In this McKinsey PST (Problem Solving Test), you are being asked to answer ten questions about a business case. You have 45 minutes to complete the test.
PSTs are meant to test how you approach problem solving and how well you can size up a situation.
McKinsey PST Tips
Unlike case interviews, you can use a calculator in Problem Solving Tests. Use that to your advantage!
Pro tip: the answer key is at the end of the Problem Solving Test. Score yourself and see how you well you did. The target score is typically 70% or better.
Need help preparing for a McKinsey PST? Book an hour with an ex-MBB coach today.
There is no substitute for quality case prep
Dramatically improve your chances of an offer: work with an MBB coach
Already purchased the Case Library? You'll probably need to log in to your account first.